News & Announcements
- Microsoft Faculty Summit: I am attending the Edge of AI Microsoft Research Faculty Summit on July 17-18, 2017.
- Invited Talk: Invited talk at Machine Learning Methods for Recommender Systems Workshop to be held at SDM 2017.
- Invited talk: Invited talk at Symposium on Machine Learning and Human Behavior to be held at UC Irvine on March 10th, 2017.
- Best Paper Runner Up: Our paper "Data-Driven Ghosting using Deep Imitation Learning" wins Runner Up to Best Research Paper at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conferece!
video (shown below)]
- Caltech Computes Alumni College: I gave a talk titled
Improving Automation using Big Data at the Caltech Computes Alumni
- Southern California Machine Learning Symposium: I am co-organizing the next SoCal ML Symposium, to be held at Caltech on November 18th, 2016.
- Innovation in Artificial Intelligence: I will be moderating a discussion panel on Innovation in Artificial Intelligence on September 15th, 2016.
- Coverage on Sports Illustrated: My collaboration with Disney Research on imitation learning for camera control is featured on Sports Illustrated! [ICML paper][CVPR paper]
- Bloomberg Data Science Research Grant: I'm delighted to be awarded a Data Science Research Grant from Bloomberg Labs!
- Personalization Workshop: Please consider participating in our Computational Frameworks for Personalization Workshop being held at ICML 2016!
- Sports Analytics Workshop: Please consider participating in our Large-Scale Sports Analytics Workshop being held at KDD 2016!
- Blog Post: Thoughts on NIPS 2015 and OpenAI.
- Invited Workshop: Algorithms for Human Robot Interaction Workshop.
- Blog Post: Thoughts on KDD 2015.
- Fundraising Chair of AISTATS 2016.
- Invited Talk at Reflections | Projections 2015 organized by ACM@UIUC.
- Invited Workshop: Data-driven Algorithmics Workshop. [slides]
- A Decision Tree Framework for Spatiotemporal Sequence Prediction accepted for publication at KDD 2015. [pdf][demo]
- Sports Analytics Workshop: Please consider participating in our Large-Scale Sports Analytics Workshop being held at KDD 2015!
- Interview by Jessica Stoller-Conrad @Caltech. [link]
- Invited Talk at Human Propelled Machine Learning Workshop at NIPS 2014.
- Learning Fine-Grained Spatial Models for Dynamic Sports Play Prediction accepted for publication at ICDM 2014. [pdf][demo][press release]
- Personalization Workshop: Please consider participating in our Personalization Workshop being held at NIPS 2014!
- Sports Analytics Workshop: Please consider participating in our Large-Scale Sports Analytics Workshop being held at KDD 2014!
- Personalized Collaborative Clustering accepted for publication at WWW 2014. [pdf][slides][data]
- Invited Talk at DISCML Workshop at NIPS 2013.
- Press release of EMS ambulance allocation project with the iLab is now up! [link][research paper]
- Invited talk at WSCD Workshop at WSDM 2012.